Shopping the Stash: Milani A Rose Mylady and Disco Lights Swatches & Review

Not surprisingly I have a lot of nail polishes. And also not surprisingly, having so many, it is hard to regularly use some of them. Because of that, I have decided to dig through my polish collection and start making Shopping the Stash swatch & reviews, to introduce you to some oldie but goodie polishes that haven't had their day in the spotlight yet.
Plus it will remind me just why I bought these polishes, and help me decide if they are still viable, or need to be replaced, as some of these I have had for a long time!
I also have some untried polishes buried away too that I really need to try out. It's like having clothes in your closet with the tags still on, it's just wrong...:p

Today I am going to start this series with two Milani polishes that are veterans of my collection, and also two of my absolute favorites, so I already know they are going nowhere!

Milani Disco Lights.
Close up of Milani Disco Lights.
First up is Milani Disco Lights. A gorgeous polish with a gel-like clear base, and fine, almost rose gold glitter. For me Milani is the champion of glitter, and this polish is no exception. It is densely packed with glitter, so much so that you can get full opacity with no base color underneath, which is not possible with some glitter polishes. It also is not a nightmare to remove! Another rarity with glitter shades. As I have mentioned in the past, I am a sucker for rose gold, and while this shade is a little too pink, it still has a nice resemblance to rose gold, and I just love it.
For this manicure I applied Disco Lights over Milani A Rose Mylady, followed by my Essie Super Duper Top Coat. To show you the difference in opacity, I applied three coats of Disco Lights on my middle and ring finger, and one thin coat on my index finger and pinkie. As you can see, this polish is also really cute as a light glitter overlay as well.

Milani Disco Lights under lamp.

Milani Disco Lights in sunlight.
Milani A Rose Mylady.
Next up is my favorite pink shade in my whole collection. Milani A Rose Mylady is a beautiful dusty rose pink creme with the slightest hint of shimmer. This polish has the most amazing opacity for such a pale shade, it is easily a two coater, with minimal streaking. Sadly I am almost out of this shade! But I will be repurchasing it as soon as this bottle is gone. For this manicure I used two coats of A Rose Mylady, followed by one coat of my Essie top coat.

A Rose Mylady under lamp.

A Rose Mylady in sunlight.
Anytime I wear these polishes I always seem to wear them together. They are one of my go to polish combinations, as they just work so well together. They are very girly, but elegant at the same time, and the pale metallic pink of Disco Lights keeps it from looking childish.

Milani nail polishes retail for around $5, and can be found online or at your local drugstore.
And if you would like to purchase these exact shades, they should still be available at your local drugstore, but I checked and they are also available to buy on Amazon as well.

Thanks for reading! To check out other swatch and reviews I've done click here. Or if you're looking for a specific polish check out my Product Directory.
-xo Brittany


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment

  1. OMGEEEEEEEE Yum!!!!!
    xx
    http://www.redalicerao.com/

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me