Peacock Feather Nail Art

Sorry this post is a bit late today, my inner neat freak emerged and I spent my afternoon cleaning my house. But at least all the cardio burned off the strawberry cream cheese muffin from Dunkin' Donuts I had for lunch, which was beyond delicious by the way, I would recommend trying it!
I don't know if there are any other neat freaks out there who read my blog and know what I'm talking about, but if I miss a day of cleaning I just can't handle it. I hate seeing dust and dirt on the floor, and cat hair on the couch, and god forbid any smudges on the table! :p So I just have to turn on my Pandora radio, put on my headphones, and get lost in the world of Windex and Pledge...Yes, I am weird...

Anyway, I have two fan brushes that have been collecting dust, so I thought it was about time I did some feathered nail art. And since these brushes create such a pretty feathered effect, I took the opportunity to finally break out my peacock feather stamp from NailzCraze, which I have been dying to use. I just love peacocks, almost as much as I love owls!


For this design, I started with a base of Rimmel London Britpop, let it dry, then used Butterlondon Scoundrel, SinfulColors Unicorn, Nicole by O.P.I Sweet Daisy, and a fan brush to create the feather effect. I put a puddle of each color on tinfoil, then one by one, dipped the fan brush in the polish then swiped the brush onto my nails in different directions. Because the pastel shades I picked were a bit thin, I went over it again a second time to make the effect bolder.
For my ring finger, I used NailzCraze stamping plate NC01 to stamp on my peacock feather using the same three polishes one on top of the other. I like the look of it, it makes the feather look more dimensional. I won't lie and say I did it purposely, the polishes are so pale that I was having trouble getting the stamp to stand out, so I just kept toying with it and got the idea so mix the colors and stamp them on top of each other. As luck would have it, it worked out!
I then finished the design off with a coat of my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.





This is my first time trying the feathered technique, so it's a little thicker than I wanted, but it was fun to do. I think I will have to come back to it and try it out some more, because it does look really interesting.
Sadly my middle finger smudged a bit when I was applying my top coat! No matter how patient I try to be I always have at least one nail smudge and it drives me crazy! :p But luckily with this design it is harder to notice.

Thanks for reading! To check out other nail designs I've done click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me