Paper to Polish #2

It is time for the second installment of my Paper to Polish nail art series, where I create a nail design inspired by an image from my favorite fashion magazines.
This months design inspiration is pretty obvious to other fashion addicts like me, but I was browsing my latest Vogue magazine when I came across a two page ad for one of my favorite brands ever, -Which I'll also never afford. :p - Burberry! And of course showcased in the ad were a line of bags covered in Burberry's iconic plaid. So of course I had to recreate it!


To recreate the plaid, I used ColorClub Nomadic in Nude as my base color, then I used a thin, striping nail art brush and free-handed the stripes using SinfulColors Snow Me White, NYC Black Lace Creme, and O.P.I Red. Once my design was dry, I applied one coat of my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.





Of course, since my impatience knows no bounds, I did get some color bleeding by applying my top coat too early. But I still loved how this design came out, and I hated when I finally had to remove it! I also think my freehand brushwork is improving a bit, so that's a plus.

Thanks for reading! To check out Paper to Polish #1 click here, or click here to check out all of my nail designs.
-xo Brittany


Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me