Navy Striped Nail Art

I was in the women's fashion section of Pinterest, lusting over clothes I wished I owned, when I saw the cutest, most expensive, purse. So, since I don't really want to spend multiple paychecks to purchase it, I thought I would turn it into some nail art! That's just as good, right?!
Anyway, I loved the color scheme of it, and instantly wanted make a design inspired by it, so I thought I would share the finished product with you today!


The purse I saw was white with thin navy stripes, and a gold flap closure. To recreate it, I started with a base of Sally Hansen Great White, a super shimmery white that I just love, and will have swatches of eventually! I then applied my Out the Door fast dry top coat. Once my base was completely dry, I decided to skip the striping tape, since it usually gives me a hard time, and used a thin nail art brush to freehand my thin navy stripes with Revlon Midnight. I then took the same thin brush and free handed my gold half moons using Sally Hansen Gilty Pleasure. I finished this design off with my Essie Matte About You Top Coat.




Can I just say how thrilled I am that I only had a tiny bit of color bleeding! I would rather have none, but I'll take what I can get. I'm also pretty satisfied with my free hand striping, though my middle finger stripes are a little chunky, I think the rest came out well.

Thanks for reading! To check out other nail designs I've done click here.
-xo Brittany


Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me