April Favorites 2014

It's that time again, time to share my favorite things for the month of April 2014! Which include, nail polish -Of course.-, my latest obsession, candles, as well as some chocolate. Yum!

L'Oreal Mint Glacee.
Of course I must start with my favorite nail polishes from April! First up is Mint Glacee. This is from L'Oreal's Les Blancs pastel polish collection. I have been looking for these for so long! I looked at my local drugstore, at Ulta, and even on Amazon, but no one had it! Then I went to a Walgreen's looking for a new textured pebbled line of polishes by Revlon and there they were! Needless to say, I completely forgot about the Revlon polish -Though they didn't have it anyway.- and picked up this gorgeous pale mint green. I love mint polishes, especially for Spring, but to me they look good in any season.

Sally Hansen Great White.
Close up of Sally Hansen Great White.
My next favorite polish is Great White from Sally Hansen's Triple Shine collection. I bought it spur of the moment, and then discovered I had it on my Wish-list the whole time and forgot about it! I don't know how I did though, I love the creamy white base mixed with the cool silver shimmer. The name makes me think of Jaws too, so bonus points! I really wanted a soft white with some interest to it, so I am happy I found this polish.

Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have very dry skin, so I have been looking for a nice hydrating cream to apply nightly, and I found it! I plan on doing a more in-depth review of this product soon, but I had to include this cream in my favorites post because I have only been using it for a month and already I can see improvements in the look and feel of my skin. Garnier Moisture Rescue is a gel cream hybrid thing... Weird to get used to, but it is so incredibly hydrating, and actually absorbs into my skin really quickly. Plus it's pink! How cute is that!

Justin's Organic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.
Yes, I promised chocolate and I shall deliver! I love peanut butter cups, so when I was recently wrapped up in a Miss Glamorazzi marathon and she mentioned this organic version by Justin's, I knew I had to try them. But, I don't really have a Whole Foods near me, so I figured I wouldn't get the chance. But, I was in the organic section of my grocery store one day and was shocked to discover them!
I actually prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate, so I like these more than regular Reese's cups. If you don't like dark chocolate, then I wouldn't recommend them. I also like that the peanut butter is much creamier and less dry than Reese's. Also, since it is organic, I feel slightly less guilty devouring them.

Village Candle in English Garden.
I am becoming one of those candle obsessed bloggers! I can't help it, ever since my grocery store started selling Village candles I've been hooked!
I bought this candle for my bathroom. It is called English Garden, and while it is a very floral scent, it is not too overpowering. I also love that this candle has a wooden wick, so it creates this nice crackling sound, and the candle lasts longer.

Yankee Candle in Gardenia and an orchid.
This is a two for one picture! The first favorite is this Village Candle called Gardenia, which smells just beyond incredible! And the second favorite is my new orchid! I love orchids, but I suck at keeping them alive, and they usually die within the week. But I found this orchid, which is by a company called Just Add Ice Orchids. It is basically orchid care for dummies. You just add one ice cube to the planter once a week, and they even have a thing on their site where you can set it up so they will send you text reminders for when you need to add the ice cube! I've had mine for almost a month now and I am happy to say it is still alive, and looks fantastic! I just bought another one today! I really want a full sized orchid one day, but I am still worried I will kill it, so I am going to practice with these orchids for a bit longer before I buy one. They're kind of like orchid training wheels...

Thanks for reading! To check out my favorite things for March of 2014 click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me