Rimmel by Kate Moss Britpop and New Romantic Swatches & Review

I'm posting a bit later than I normally do today, but I was spring cleaning with the help of Xavier, my adorable, and equally insane ferret. And by help, I mean he would basically follow behind me, and mess up everything I would clean. But that's helping, right?
Anyway, now that I am finished with that fun, I wanted to share with you two polishes from Rimmel's collaboration with the model Kate Moss. Now, I am not really a fan of Kate Moss, nor do I know much about her, but these polishes are really cute, and the names are even more so!

Rimmel Britpop.

First up is Britpop, a bright, slightly glossy, blue creme, with one of the cutest names in my collection. I've never owned polishes by Rimmel before these, but I love the bottles, they are very sturdy, and made with thick, heavy glass. The cap is large, and comfortable to hold. And the little embossed crown on the top -Rimmel's Signature.- is too cute.

The first coat of Britpop has a hint of a green cast, but luckily it vanishes after the second coat. Wonderfully, this polish is not only beautiful, it has a lovely formula. Britpop is easily a two coater, but I am a perfectionist, and since a hint of my free edge was still visible after two coats, I had to add a third. I then applied one coat of my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.

Britpop under lamp.


Britpop in natural light.
I absolutely love this color! It's so vibrant and cute, and the formula is surprisingly nice for only costing $2.99. I could easily see this polish working wonderfully with some edgy nail art. (Hint for an upcoming post, maybe?...)

Rimmel New Romantic.

New Romantic is a thin, crelly-like pale pink, with a faint silver shimmer. Both polishes brushes were a surprise for such a low cost polish, it's large with domed bristles, very similar to Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure polish line's brushes.
Because of how sheer I could tell New Romantic would be, I applied it over a base of white polish. The first coat was sheer, as expected, but with lovely pigmentation. The second coat had a lot more coverage than the first, but this is definitely not a two coater.
I was concerned the silver shimmer - Which I didn't see in the drugstore's harsh lighting!- would end up looking too childish, but it's not terribly noticeable in natural light, and actually looks cute with the pink base.

New Romantic under lamp.



New Romantic in natural light.
I was disappointed with the formula, even after three semi-thick coats I could still see streaks, and the white base peeking through. I ended up stopping at the five coats you see here so it would dry in this century! I then applied one coat of my Essie top coat.
I've been looking for a nice, solid, pale pink with a nice formula, and sadly this polish did not reach the mark. But it is a beautiful polish nonetheless, and the formula isn't as bad as others I've tried. (*Cough* O.P.I I Theodora You *Cough*) So no real complaints here, especially since I only paid $2.99 for it.

Overall, I am pleased with my first Rimmel polishes. More so with Britpop than New Romantic, but pleased nonetheless.

The Rimmel by Kate Moss polishes can be found online or at your local drugstore, and retail for around $3 to $5, depending on where you shop. My drugstore sold them for $2.99.

Thanks for reading! To check out other Swatches & Reviews I've done click here. Or to find a review for a specific product why not take a look through my Product Directory.
-xo Brittany

Which polish do you prefer, Britpop or New Romantic? Let me know in the comments!


Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me