Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters Review

Today I wanted to share my opinions on a time tested favorite of my beauty stockpile. I know Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters have been out for quite some time, but I actually bought one right when they came out -Which is quite rare for me to do when it's not nail polish. - and have been a huge fan ever since. So I wanted to finally share my thoughts, and recommend these lip butters to the rare few who have yet to give them a try.

Now, I am not a lipstick girl. I already have dry lips, and I feel like most lipsticks steal what little moisture my lips have, plus I just hate that heavy, cakey feeling most leave behind. But I still want the cute colors lipsticks give! So when I heard of these lip butters, I liked the idea of having the color of a lipstick, with the comfort and hydration of a lip balm. The best of both worlds, so to speak. And I was right!



I like the packaging as well. The quilted pattern is cute, and the cover snaps on very well, so there is no need to worry about them opening in my purse and creating a Jackson Pollock painting on all of my things. I also like that at the top of the caps there is a little window, so you can see exactly what the shade looks like when your buying them, and that each bottle matches the shade within, so it is easy to keep track of which shade you want to wear, without having to open every one to find it.


(L-R) Candy Apple, Berry smoothie, & Cotton Candy.
As you can see, mine are quite worn! But that just shows how much I like them.
I own three shades. Candy Apple, a pretty strawberry-like red. Berry Smoothie, my favorite, a mid-tone plum color. And Cotton Candy, a cute, pale, bubblegum pink.

(L-R) Cotton Candy, Berry smoothie, & Candy Apple.
They're a bit more liquid compared to a classic lipstick, and more wet and glossy. They are also true to shade, and are a bit faint on the first pass. Though it is very easy to build them up for a bolder look. I actually prefer the subtlety, that way I can choose between a pale tint of color, or a full bold lip, depending on my mood.
I don't feel the need to use a lip pencil with these, since I get very little bleeding of color, so it makes application even quicker, great for those quick paced mornings!
I will say that they do not have the staying power of most lipsticks, that is where they are very much like their lip balm counterparts. They don't really survive drinking and eating, but if you're wearing them as a pale swipe of color, it is not really noticeable. I usually end up reapplying after meals, but I don't really need touch ups besides that.
I would really recommend Candy Apple for other pale girls like me, looking to wear a nice bold red lip. It is a nice shade for pale skin, with no worry of looking washed out.-It also makes my teeth look really white, so, BONUS!-  It was also a nice starter red for me, so I could have a little hint of red to start, while I got used to it, then I could go bolder with a few extra coats once I got braver, since it is a bit scary to wear a bold red from the start. -At least for me anyway.-

Overall, while I know most people have already given these a go, if you haven't I would really recommend them! They are really hydrating, and don't fall into any lines or cracks us dry skinned girls suffer from. Plus they also don't feel cakey or heavy, come in a ton of shades, and the color pay off is really good. I already have three, but I am always tempted to buy more when I pass the display at my local drugstore!

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters retail for around $8, and can be found online, at your local beauty supply store, or local drugstore.

Thanks for reading! To check out other reviews I've done click here. Or if you're looking for a review of a specific product, why not look through my Product Directory!

Do you like Revlon's ColorBurst Lip Butters line? Which shade is your favorite? Let me know in the comments! My favorite of the ones I own would have to be Berry Smoothie!

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me