Paper to Polish #1

As I mentioned in my latest Favorites post, I recently renewed my Vogue subscription! I have missed Vogue, and am happy to have it again. But one thing I noticed, is that now that I am totally nail art obsessed, almost every page inspires some sort of design in my head! So I decided to create a new blog series based on it. Once a month I am going to pick one image that catches my eye, and turn it into some nail art, hence "Paper to polish". I feel like sometimes I get stuck on what to do, nail art wise, and will sometimes do the same things over and over, so I think this will be a fun way to branch out and practice my skills. Anyway! I hope you like this series, if you do let me know in the comments! -I will continue to post my regular nail art posts as normal, along with this new series.-

My very first Paper to polish is quite simple, but I liked how it turned out.

My design:


My inspiration:



My inspiration for this month's nail art was this cute ad by Clarks. I never heard of Clarks before, but I think it is a clothing or shoe company. I love the wedges in the picture by the way! But seeing as it is in Vogue, it is probably out of my price range...

I just loved the navy color of the blouse and skirt, and the thick stripes going in different directions. I know it is simple, but I just love stripes!




To create my take on this picture, I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White as my base color, then applied a coat of my Essie Super Duper Top Coat and let it dry fully. I then took some striping tape and applied it two strips per row, to make my stripes thicker. After that, I painted to coats of Sally Hansen Pat on the Black, then quickly removed the striping tape. I also applied two coats of Pat on the Black on my ring finger and thumb for some accent nails.
I wanted to use a deep navy shade like the picture, but unfortunately I do not have one in my collection yet, so I substituted it with Pat on the Black, which is a nice, dark plum color that looks almost black in some lighting.
I finished my design off with two coats of my Essie Matte About You Top Coat.

As you can see, I had some issues on my index and pinkie fingers, the striping tape pulled up my white polish! I had to paint the color back in with a nail art brush, so there's some bumps and streaking. I don't think Snow Me White is a good polish for nail art, it always has problems! I am going to go back to my tried and true NYC French White for future nail art.

I thought it came out pretty cute, I like the mix of stripes and the dark color. Once I get my hands on a deep navy color, I might try it again, to see how it looks.

Thanks for reading! To check out other nail art I've done click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me