My Daily Skincare Routine

Hello again! Three posts in a row? What wizardry is this?! I normally have a day or two in between posts, but I can't post on Wednesday as I normally do as I start my first day at work tomorrow! I finally got a new job, and I am beyond excited. Since I won't be home, and I didn't want to miss a blog post, I figured why not write it today.

Today, I will be sharing with you my daily skincare routine. I love these kinds of posts, it's interesting to see what products other people use, and maybe even find one I've never tried. Now, I am not that detailed when it comes to my personal routine. I don't use a ton of products, but the ones I do use, I love, and find that they help my skin greatly. Since I took these pictures I actually used up a couple of the products, and switched to some new ones, but I will have some first impression posts on those soon, so keep an eye out.

My skincare routine!

First I have my daily cleanser. It is the Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser. I have very dry skin, so even though I prefer foaming cleansers, I use this one as not to dry out my skin further. I was using a cream cleanser by Bert's Bees, but I finished it up -And of course didn't save the bottle for my upcoming Empties post! - and was kind of bored, so I switched it up with Neutrogena. I actually like this one more, it is just as creamy, but leaves my skin with that nice tingly feeling letting me know my skin is clean. Plus it is way better at cleaning off makeup. Now one different thing I do because of my dry skin, is that I don't wash my face every morning and night. Just at night to remove makeup. This was really hard to get used to at first, but I've noticed a vast improvement in the texture and feel of my skin since starting that. It sounds weird, but frankly since I thoroughly clean my skin at night, there really isn't a need to wash it in the morning. I do however splash my face with some cold water, just to have that nice fresh feeling, and to wake me up a bit.

Next is my daily moisturizer. I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen. Because as you know, you have to have sunscreen! I finally used this up as well, so I changed it up and bought Neutrogena's new Deep Moisture cream, which I will post about soon. This cream I used up is OK, not that great. It had an odd smell, and really didn't leave my skin feeling moisturized, so I'm glad to switch. I would apply this every morning and night, though now that it's gone, I finally bought a separate cream for at night! I bought Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream, which I can tell already is going to be a favorite.

For primer to smooth out my skin before makeup, I use NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer. On the cheap side, but it does it's job well. I may switch to the E.L.F primer once this one is gone however.


For toner, I use Olay Oil Minimizing Toner at night to remove any leftover makeup residue. I love this toner, I've been using it for a long time. It doesn't have a strong scent, and doesn't over dry my skin. Plus it makes my skin feel so clean and fresh. Because of my dry skin, I avoid using this more than once a day though. And I will admit, on days I don't feel well, or am particularly lazy, I will swipe this on my face with a cotton pad and go to bed. I know that's bad! But I don't do it often, and it's better than not cleaning my face at all!

For my lips, I use Blistex Revive every morning, and Blistex Restore every night. They come together, and actually snap together for easy storage. I have really annoying dry lips, and these are the first lip products to really leave them hydrated and soothed. I would really recommend them for anyone else who suffers from very dry lips!

And because my cuticles are important too! I use Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream every night to soften my cuticles, and help strengthen my nails. I've been using this product for a while now, and have noticed an improvement in the look of my cuticles, and my nails break a bit less often.


I actually don't use these products everyday, usually once a week, but I had to include them as they are two of my favorites.

To exfoliate my skin I use St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub. I use it once a week, and just love it. I buy the big tubs at my local drugstore, so that should show just how much of this product I use! :p
I love the smell, and it exfoliates without leaving my skin tight or dry. I wouldn't recommend the three times a week suggestion on the tub if you have dry skin like me. I attempted it, and it was not pretty! Stick to once a week. I've also starting using this scrub weekly on my body as well, and I've noticed my moisturizer absorbs more quickly, and it helps prevent any bumps or ingrown hairs when I shave my legs. I also noticed I get a smoother, closer shave too!

And finally, I like to pamper myself a bit once a week, and use this Freeman Facial Anti-Stress Mask with Deep Sea Minerals. I just switched to it, and while it is a little on the slimy side, it dries quickly, and leaves my skin feeling very dewy and soft. I love using facial masks once a week just to deep clean my face and pores. I usually leave this one on for around ten minutes, then I gently wipe it off with a wash cloth and hot water. -To open my pores.- Once I fully remove the mask, I swipe on some of my toner, then apply a generous helping of my moisturizer.

Thanks for reading! I hope you found this post interesting, or at least found some products you might like to try. To check out other skincare related posts I've done click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me