A Month in Mani's:March 2014

Hello, hope you're all having a nice weekend! I am currently puppy-sitting my god-dog Callie -She's my mother's dog.-. Callie hurt her leg and has to have surgery soon, so she needs to be watched constantly to make sure she doesn't hurt it more. Poor baby. She is sleeping now, so I figured I would use the time to do my monthly manicure round up for March 2014!

I was very pleased by March, I got to complete a lot of nail designs, and try out some interesting nail polishes. So lets get started!

Cream & blue floral nail art.
My first nail design for March was this blue and cream colored floral using Revlon Parfumerie Fresh Linen, Milani Beach Front, and Nailzcraze stamping plate NC01. For the larger flowers on my middle finger, I used Milani Beach Front and a mid-sized dotting tool. I then finished the design off with a coat of my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.

Revlon Parfumerie Lavender Soap.
My second manicure for March was this velvety, soft, pastel lavender creme from Revlon's Parfumerie line of scented polishes. I applied four coats followed by my top coat.

Revlon Parfumerie Fresh Linen.
Also from Revlon's Parfumerie line. This is a light, buttery, cream shade. I had issues with this polishes formula, so I had to apply five coats, followed by my top coat.

Marc Jacobs Honey inspired nail design.
My favorite design from the whole of March! I haven't done an "inspired by" design in a while, and it was really fun. I love how it came out, and it makes me want to do more of them. It was also a nice tribute to my favorite fragrance. To create this design I used Butterlondon Cheeky Chops, NYC Black Lace Creme, and Sinful Colors Snow Me White. Followed by my standby Essie top coat.

Galaxy nail art.
Another fun nail design, using quite a bit of nail polish! I created this look with Avon On Point Blue, Covergirl Rogue RedCovergirl Pyro PinkButterlondon Scoundrel, Sally Hansen Gilty Pleasure, Zoya Tanzy, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Avon Celestial, and Zoya Liberty. I sponged these polishes onto my nails using pieces of a makeup sponge, then used a small dotting tool and Sinful Colors Snow Me White to create the star-like spots. The silver stars are little nail accessories I applied using dots of my top coat.
(From Galaxy Design)

Zoya Liberty.
This look was made using Liberty from Zoya's pixiDust textured line of polishes. I applied three thin coats and no top coat. Though I did swatch it with a top coat during my review, if you're curious what it looks like.

Butterfly nail art.
One of my most recent nail designs. I made it using the aforementioned Zoya Liberty -March was the month of Zoya Liberty! This is the third time it was mentioned on my blog in only one month.-, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, and NailzCraze stamping plate NC01. I then applied two coats of my Essie Matte About You Top Coat. I know usually butterfly wings go in the opposite direction, but I liked the way this looked. :p

Chevron nail art.
My final design for March! Sadly not my favorite design I've ever done, but as the saying goes, practice makes perfect. It was a good chance to work on my free-hand brushwork though, so there's that... To create my chevron's I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White, NYC Black Lace Creme, Covergirl Mint Mojito, Essie Matte About You Top Coat, and a fine detail nail art brush.

I'm really happy with how many nail art ideas I was able to accomplish in March! Hopefully April will be the same. I have so many ideas, and I really want to improve my techniques, as well as try some new methods. - I haven't tried water marbling in a looong time, and I want to try out some water decals as well.-

Thanks for reading! To check out my manicure round-up for February 2014 click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me