Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Cream Review

My interview was postponed until this morning, it went well, the interviewer was nice and friendly, but I won't find out for a couple of weeks whether I got the job or not! To keep my mind busy I thought I would review for you today my favorite BB cream that I use on a daily basis. I did not buy this, my mother got it for free in the mail and gave it to me, but I love it so much that I do plan on actually buying it when it runs out, which is as good a recommendation as any.






Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Cream comes in light, medium,and dark. I was given light and medium. I still haven't finished the light bottle, but I'm not sure if I can even use the medium, since I am beyond pale, I'm concerned I'll end up looking weird and blotchy.
This BB cream gives light to medium coverage, and also contains SPF 15, which is good, because I don't tan, I burn, so I prefer to use products with any amount of SPF protection.
The box states it gives "Instant luminous coverage", and "Visible spot reduction". It does give my skin nice even coverage, and leaves a nice dewy finish that doesn't fall into the land of greasy. I don't really have any spots, but I do have freckles, and they are a lot less noticeable, though I never really care about hiding them anyway.
I love the packaging, the look of it is pretty, and it is very easy to get product out of the bottle. It has a very fine nozzle, so I don't have to worry about getting way too much product than I need, and I know when it starts to run out, that I can get every last drop out. While I love those fancy glass pump bottles most makeup comes in now, I hate that I can't get all the product I paid for! I end up throwing away perfectly good makeup because I just can't reach it!

Unblended swatch.
Blended swatch.
As you can see from my swatches it is a very thick, creamy formula. It's not so thick that I feel like I'm painting my face though. It applies nicely, and absorbs into my skin well, as you can see from my blended swatch. The tint matches my skin tone perfectly, which is surprising, most "light" foundations and creams are still far too dark for my ghostly pale skin, or leave an unattractive yellow tint. I also love that it gives medium, even coverage, without looking like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. It does leave a hint of shine, so I usually apply a thin layer of my Physicians Formula Highlighting Powder to hide it.
If your like me and have dry skin, this cream is very hydrating, I've noticed since switching over to it that my dry patches have gotten softer and less noticeable. I apply it after my normal face lotion, but I feel like it gives my skin an extra kick of hydration, which is nice. It also makes my skin feel softer, look healthier, and hides any dry patches I may get from time to time easily.
Since I have dry skin I can't say how this would work with oily skin, but given how light it is, I don't think it would be a problem.

I will admit I really was sick of hearing about BB creams when they first came out, but I have totally jumped on the bandwagon with this product. I don't think I could go back to normal foundation now, I'm hooked!

Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Cream retails for around $10 to $12, and can be found online, or at your local drugstore.

Thanks for reading! To check out other reviews I've done click here. -I plan on making a review directory, so you can find my reviews for specific products and polishes, so look out for that soon! :) -
-xo Brittany

Have you tried Pond's BB+ Cream? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me