Marc Jacobs Honey Inspired Nail Design

I have already given this design away by having it as the picture in my About Me section, but I couldn't resist. I loved how this design came out, plus it looked nice with my new black, white, and gold blog layout (Which I hope you like by the way, I wanted to tidy the blog up a bit, and also make it easier to wander around it by giving you tags to find nail art by technique, as well as search my review posts by a certain brand. I swear I think I may be turning into a proper blogger!:p)

Anyway, at this point in my nail obsession anything and everything gives me nail art inspiration. So when I picked up Marc Jacobs Honey (Full details and review here.) the cute colors and bold black polka dots of the packaging instantly caught my interest.


I am happy with how it turned out, though I did get a bit impatient and applied my top coat too soon, leading to some streaking of my polka dots.
For this design I used Butterlondon Cheeky Chops as my base color. I created my polka dots using a small sized dotting tool and NYC Black Lace Creme, and then free-handed the little stylized bee using the same black polish and a thin striping brush. I finished it off with a dot of Sinful Colors Snow Me White using a mid-sized dotting tool. I completed the design with a coat of my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.







The one good thing about having so much free time right now is that I get to work on my nail art a bit more, and try new, bolder designs. This one was really fun to make, though I do wish my brush work for the bee was thinner, but that just takes more practice.

Thanks for reading! To check out previous designs I've done click here.
-xo Brittany


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. Really love your recreation! When I saw the first picture, I would have thought that the brand would have used it in an ad!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is such a nice compliment! :)

      Delete

Follow Me