Marc Jacobs Honey Fragrance Review

I am not really a perfume girl, I stick mostly to body splashes, because they're airy, and light, and I don't have to worry about spraying too much and smelling like the fragrance counter at Macy's. I also don't have any preconceived notions that I am some kind of fragrance connoisseur, by any means. But I recently broke down and bought the wonderful Honey by Marc Jacobs and wanted to share my opinions with you!

Marc Jacobs Honey mini  - $50

I actually did a mini review of a sample of this fragrance many moons ago on this blog, and have been obsessed with it ever since. As I mentioned in this post I finally bought it at my local Ulta, although I did chicken out and buy the mini version, as the full size's $90 price tag was a bit much for me.

Firstly, can we just stop at the packaging for a second? How cute is that box! I am a complete sucker for polka dots, and will be holding onto it. The bottle itself is also too cute for words.
Now, I would not buy a perfume just for the bottle. It's a factor, but the fragrance has got to smell nice too. Luckily here, not only is the bottle the cutest one I've ever seen, but the scent makes it worth the purchase as well. It may be a form of vanity, but when I smell fragrances, I also look at the bottles. Take those Britney Spear's fragrances for instance, the scents aren't bad -They're not that great either though...- but the bottles are just ugly... They look like little pin cushions... but I digress. It's just nice to have a fragrance that smells nice, plus looks pretty on my vanity tray.

Now to the important stuff, the scent!
Ulta's website, -Which has a nicer vocabulary than I.- states that this perfume is a "Sunny and delicious floral, with a sparkling golden touch.
I assume "golden touch" is a fancy way of referring to the notes of honey.
I agree with the "Sunny floral" assessment. This fragrance does have notes of floral, but the first scent to catch my notice is the strong note of citrus. I love fruity fragrances, so this is my favorite part. But don't worry that you'll smell like the fruit department at your local grocery, it's still soft enough to not be overpowering. I also like that it isn't too sweet of a citrus scent. It has a light bite to it, that keeps it from getting into fruity candy territory. I may like to eat Starbursts but I don't want to smell like them... I also smell a hint of sweetness, and of course, honey. But it does get overlooked because of the stronger citrus scent after application.
I like that it doesn't contain that powdery smell that most perfumes have, which just screams "I raided my grandmother's perfume collection!" to me. And I like that it is slightly floral, but not ridiculously so. Some perfumes are so strong and girly it's nauseating. I may be a girl, but I don't want to smell like a giant rose bush, I want a little bite to my fragrance. Which Honey provides nicely.
Honey is also very long lasting, I apply some to my neck and wrists and still catch it's scent even after an eight hour shift at work.

When this small bottle does meet its end, I think I will end up buying the full sized one. I am not one to say that I have a "Signature color", or a "Signature scent", -who am I, Shelby from Steel Magnolias?!- But I do really enjoy this fragrance, and am now hooked on wearing it, and want to wear it everyday, even when I'm just sitting around the house doing laundry!

Thanks for reading!
-xo Brittany

Do you like Marc Jacobs Honey? What is your favorite fragrance? Let me know in the comments!

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. Hey lovely I've nominated you for a liebster award!! Full details on my post:)

    http://thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    thank you! Love Lisa xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me