Galaxy Design

I've been wanting to do a full on galaxy manicure ever since I made my first one ever as an accent nail for my Doctor Who Inspired manicure. But I didn't want to use the same exact colors as my last one, and I just couldn't find a polish that really inspired me. Then I bought Zoya Liberty, which is a gorgeous, bright, shimmery blue shade. The second I bought it all I could picture was it as the base for a galaxy design.
I'm pretty happy with how the design turned out, though after it was done and gone, I regretted not applying a matte top coat to tone down the glitter and texture. Oh, well! Maybe next time.


I used a lot of polishes for this design. Like I mentioned, I used Zoya Liberty as my base, then I tore off small pieces of a makeup sponge with tweezers, then gently sponged on Avon On Point Blue, Covergirl Rogue Red, Butterlondon Scoundrel, Sally Hansen Gilty Pleasure, Covergirl Pyro Pink, Zoya Tanzy, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, and Avon Celestial in random patterns. I then took a small dotting tool and applied Sinful Colors Snow Me White to create little stars, and for fun, used some of my silver star nail gems on my accent nail. I applied them with tweezers onto a still wet coat of top coat, then applied two more coats to seal -I could have applied only one coat, but the stars were pretty big, and I didn't want them to fall off-.
I finished the whole design off with a coat of my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.





In direct sunlight.
This was a very difficult design to photograph for some reason. It was hard to capture just how sparkly this was in person! You can only really see the texture, but take my word for it, this was a glitter bomb. That was one of the reasons I regretted not applying a matte top coat, but I still think it came out pretty well.

Thanks for reading! To see other designs I've done click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. Love your nails :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love this mani too much! I am tempted to go out and buy every polish you mentioned and try to recreate it myself (I would probably fail at it though!)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm sure it would turn out great! :)

      Delete

Follow Me