Cream & Blue Floral Nail Design

Yay! I finally have a recent design to show you! I hate how long it's been since I've made a design, especially because that's what the original plan for this blog was, to show designs and tutorials. So the silver lining of sadly having much more free time is that I can work on more designs! Of course I will continue my swatch & reviews, and beauty posts, but I want to try to put more focus back on designs, and give myself more practice to improve on them.

So to start, I have a small design inspired by an outfit by Giovanna Randall I saw on a runway recap on a fashion blog. It was a gorgeous cream skirt and top combo that had little light blue flowers on the shoulders. The second I saw it all I could picture was a nail design, so I had to try it. Unfortunately, this is one of those designs I plan on revamping in the future, because it didn't come out exactly as I pictured.


For this design I used Revlon Parfumerie Fresh Linen as a base, followed by Milani Beach Front for my half moons and flowers. For my ring finger flowers I used NailzCraze stamping plate NC01. And I hand painted my middle finger flowers using small and mid-size dotting tools. I then finished the whole design off with a coat of my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.
I wished I had chose a better base polish, Fresh Linen is nice, but it is quite thick, and takes way too long to dry (I have a full review of it coming soon.), so every time I would try to apply my hole-enforcers to create my half moons, I would end up pulling up Fresh Linen with the adhesive! I tried to touch it up with a fine nail art brush, but it still came out a bit wonky.
I am happy with the stamping. I've been practicing, and am really starting to get the hang of it, it's so fun! I have the stamping bug now, and plan on buying more plates in the future. Though I don't want to get too wrapped up in it, because I want to work on my free-hand painting skills as well, so it will have to be a balancing act of mixing the two mediums.
(Don't mind my poor cuticle in the pictures, I cut myself while dressing a mannequin at work. The perils of retail! :p)






I think if I chose a base color that wasn't as thick it wouldn't look so chunky. I wanted it to look a bit more elegant, so I think I will have to come back to this one in the future and try again. Practice makes perfect!

Thanks for reading! To check out other designs I've done click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me