Chevron Nail Art

Hope you all had a nice weekend! Mine was fine, though I'm now resting in bed, because I am not feeling very well. You know that old commercial for some breathing medication, where the guy has the elephant sitting on his chest?... Yeah, that's how I feel right now... Fun!
To distract myself, I thought I would share with you some recent nail art I made!


I can't pretend this was the outcome I was hoping for. I originally attempted to make chevrons using craft scissors and scotch tape, but the tape kept pulling up the base color, and the craft scissors were dull and made cutting the tape a pain. So after fighting with it for over an hour, I went to plan B, and used a detailing nail art brush to make some free hand, simple chevrons. I need to work on my brush work some more, it's a bit wobbly, but it's not too bad. This is not my favorite piece of nail art I've ever done, but it was nice to work on my painting skills.
I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White as my base color, and used NYC Black Lace Creme for most of my chevrons. For my ring finger, I decided to change it up a bit and make some teal colored chevrons using Covergirl Mint Mojito. I finished the design off with two coats of my Essie Matte About You top coat to give it a nice matte finish. Sadly, I have no patience, and applied my top coat too soon, leading to some bleeding of the colors. -Tsk tsk...- Luckily it's not really noticeable at a distance.




Chevron design in natural light.

Thanks for reading! To see other nail designs I've done click here.
-xo Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me