A Month in Mani's

Tomorrow I have a job interview! -Eek!- And I am beyond nervous, so I thought I would distract myself today by doing my monthly manicure recap for February 2014.

Covergirl Glosstinis Rogue Red.
My first manicure for February was this gorgeous holographic red by Covergirl in shade Rogue Red. It is from their Hunger Games collection, and is inspired by District 8, the textile district.
I used four coats, followed by my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.

Covergirl Glosstinis Pyro Pink.
Also from Covergirl's Capital Collection, Pyro Pink is a bright holographic purple with purple and silver shimmer. -No clue why it's called Pink, when it's clearly purple...- It was inspired by District 11, the agricultural district.
I applied four thick coats, followed by my Essie top coat.

Radiant Orchid inspired design.
My first design for February was actually inspired by Pantone's color of the year: Radiant Orchid.
For this design I used Sinfulcolors Snow Me White as a base coat, then I applied Butterlondon Scoundrel as my base, and Milani Lavender Fizz for my glitter gradient. For my flowers I used NYC French White Tip and Nailzcraze stamping plates NC 01 and NC 02.
I finished the design with two coats of Essie Matte About You Top Coat.

Butterlondon Scoundrel vs. Confetti Belle of the Ball.
I finally did another dupe post and pitted Butterlondon Scoudrel ($15) against Confetti Belle of the Ball ($1).

Sally Hansen Sparks Fly.
This mani was made using Sally Hansen Sparks Fly, a blue tinted base with silver micro-glitter, and large silver hex glitter. 
I applied three thick coats over Sally Hansen Gray by Gray, followed by my Essie top coat.

Sally Hansen Gray by Gray.
An oldy but goody from my collection. Sally Hansen Gray by Gray is a super pretty, slightly matte, blue/grey creme shade.
I applied two thin coats, followed by my Essie top coat. -These polishes come with a built in top coat, but I'm weird, and I still felt the need to apply a top coat anyway.-

KBShimmer Oh Splat!
This manicure was made using one of my Wishlisted polishes, KBShimmer Oh Splat!, which I have wanted for far too long, and was embarrassingly happy when I finally bought it! 
This was the one mani in February that I really did not want to take off, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a nail blog, so sadly I had to remove it...
I applied four coats, followed by my Essie top coat.

Design from Instagram.
My last look from February was this design I posted on my Instagram, which if you want to, you can follow me there through the link below... (Shameless self-promotion completed!)
I made this design using Revlon Parfumerie Lavender Soap as my base color, Revlon Parfumerie Fresh Linen for my half moons, and Hard Candy Sweet Tooth for my accent nail. I completed the look with my Essie top coat.
(From Instagram)
Instagram


Thanks for reading! To check out my manicure recap for January 2014 click here.
-xo Brittany

Which manicure was your favorite? Let me know in the comments!
I think my favorite would have to be my KBShimmer Oh Splat! Manicure, I just love that polish way too much.

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me