Radiant Orchid Design

In non-blog related news, I passed my driving test! I was so nervous, but luckily the inspector was really nice, and we were both ill with head colds so maybe he passed me in sickness solidarity... But either way, I passed! Yay! Sorry, but I am very excited, and it is very nice to be able to get in my car and drive where ever I want to go...

In blogging news, I have a new design to share with you today. Normally I never really take an interest in the "Pantone color of the Year", but this year's color is Radiant Orchid, and I am always a sucker for orchids, and anything purple. So, being inspired by this years color, I decided to make some nail art in honor of it.


For this design I used a base coat of SinfulColors Snow Me White to help make my colors stand out. Then two coats of ButterLondon Scoundrel as my base. For my flowers, I used my brand new NailzCraze stamping plates NC 01 and NC 03 and NYC French White Tip to create the floral patterns on my index and ring fingers. On my thumb, middle finger, and pinkie, I created a reverse glitter gradient using Milani Lavender Fizz.
I finished the whole design off with two coats of Essie Matte About You Top Coat.

Radiant orchid design under lamp.



Radiant orchid design in sunlight.
I really like how this design came out. It was my first time ever stamping, so I need a little practice. -It's harder than it looks!- But I hope to get better at it. This was also my second ever glitter gradient (Check out my first gradient here.) and I'm very happy with how it came out. The glitter blends nicely with the base color, and my matte top coat left a nice, soft amount of shimmer.
Sorry for the poor state of my nails! Even though I have been trying my best in taking care of them, I had some nasty breaks, and my nails are still recovering from them. Sadly they are still super short and ugly, but I've been spoiling them with daily cuticle oil treatments, so hopefully soon they will be in better shape.

Thanks for reading! To check out all of my designs click here.
xo - Brittany

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me