January Favorites 2014


It's that time again! Time to list my favorite products and things I bought in January 2014. 

Nail art accessories from Amazon. - $2
Of course my first favorite has to revolve around nails! I wanted some caviar beads and other accessories to jazz up my nail art, so of course I went to my shopping haven, Amazon, and found this adorable collection of accessories for only $2! It took quite a while to get to me, since they were from Japan I believe, but it was worth it. Not only does the set come with different shades of caviar beads, it also comes with different colored stars, hearts, and glitter particles. And the bottles are cute too. The larger bottle of pink beads in the back was actually given to me by my mother, she won them, and was nice enough to give them to me.

NailzCraze stamping plates from Etsy.


January was the month I finally bought myself my first set of nail art stamping plates. I have been wanting to try them for a while, so when I saw that the creator of one of my favorite blogs, A Diary of a Nail Polish Addict, actually makes stamping plates on Etsy, I knew I had to check it out! I picked up plates NC 03 and NC 01 for not very much money. I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was like $7 each. -I posted about my new purchase on Instagram and the NailzCraze creator actually liked my picture! I almost died!- I'm still getting the hang of them, (You can see a design I've done using them here.) it is quite harder to do than I thought, but a little practice won't hurt. I am hooked though, and I do plan on buying more plates in the future.

Vivid Lacquer stampers from Etsy. 
Yet another item that I don't remember the price of! Sorry! I know it was inexpensive though.
Since you can't really use stamping plates without a stamper, I bought myself this set of stampers from Etsy by Vivid Lacquer. I got two stampers, the green one is hard and stiff, and the white one is super soft and a bit rubbery. I had no clue which would work best on my nails, so I bought this 4 piece set that also included two scrapers. It was a really good deal, and they work really nicely. Though I haven't tried the white one yet, the green one worked very well, and the scrapers worked great, and were pretty easy to clean.

Dot's blouse. - $12.
Now to fashion! I didn't really buy much in January, but I did pick up this unique little thing. I bought it at work, and while I was a little hesitant at first, and couldn't decide whether I liked it or not, I now love this blouse. You would think the mix of polka dots, stripes, black & white, and bright flowers would be mental! But for some reason it works... Or maybe I'm just mental. Either way, I love it the same.

Dot's sweater. - $15
Another fashion purchase from my work. I normally hate neon, but I quite like it on this sweater. It is super comfortable and loose, and perfect with leggings and boots. Cute without having to put any effort into it. The text says "New York" and "Los Angeles", I don't know why, but I like it.

Vintage boxes from Ocean State Job Lot. - $4 a piece.


For the first time ever, I have some decor favorites to show you! As I've mentioned before, I am currently redecorating my apartment, so lately I have been on the look out for interesting pieces wherever I go. I was at a local store when I stumbled upon these cute little boxes. As a sucker for anything french, I had to buy the Eiffel tower box, and since I was already getting one, how could I pass up the second one for only $4 a piece! I have them on my coffee table with a stack of books and a cute Eiffel tower glass box on top.

Thanks for reading my January Favorites! To check out what made my favorites list in December 2013 click here.
-xo Brittany

What were some of your favorite things that you bought in January? Let me know in the comments!

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me