Covergirl Capital Collection Swatch & Review

Hello! I thought I would use this cold, icky, snowy afternoon to show you some swatches of two polishes from Covergirl's line of Glosstinis inspired by the Hunger Games! I love the novels, and I've seen the first movie, which was pretty good, so I was excited to hear that Covergirl made a collection based on the Districts from the series.
This line is called the Capital Collection, and each district has it's own theme and color story, which includes lip glosses, eye shadows, nail polishes, etc. The polishes were around $5 each, I believe.
My local drugstore sold out of them pretty quickly, so I was only able to get my hands on two. The display is still up, but they have yet to re-fill it! There are a couple shades in the collection that I still want to buy, but my CVS is lazy! Grrr...

Covergirl Rogue Red - $5
Covergirl Rogue Red.
First up is Rogue Red. Based on District 8, the textile district. Rogue Red is a vibrant holographic red creme, with gold, yellow, orange, and red dense holo-shimmer. It is an absolutely gorgeous shade that glows in the bottle, and on my nails. It is very similar to glowing embers.
It is on the thin side, and oddly enough has a purple cast on the first coat. Luckily, the purple tone vanishes by the second coat, and the fiery red brightens.
I used four coats, followed by my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.
I seriously am obsessed with this shade, I couldn't stop staring at it. It fits into the Hunger Games theme perfectly. It is just so beautiful and vivid.

Rogue Red under lamp.


Rogue Red with flash.
Rogue Red in natural light.
Covergirl Pyro Pink.
Covergirl Pyro Pink.
Pyro Pink is inspired by District 11, the agricultural district. Pyro Pink is a holographic, shimmering, maroon creme, with tints of red, pink, silver, and purple. I don't know why it's called pink, since it is so clearly a purple shade.
It is a bit thin, but not unbearably so. I've noticed that all the polishes in Covergirl's Glosstinis collections are thin, so I already knew I would need a few extra coats.
I normally dislike purple holo's, but I quite like this one. The shimmer is gorgeous to look at. I used four thick coats, followed by my Essie Super Duper Top Coat.

Pyro Pink under lamp.

Pyro Pink with flash.
Pyro Pink in natural light.
I think this collection is really cute! And unlike O.P.I's Oz the Great and Powerful Collection, which was a bit bland, and hard to see what exactly inspired them, Covergirl's collection is very vibrant, and you can see that they were very inspired by each districts "theme". According to the little booklet I received with the polishes, Pyro Pink was inspired by the thought that "Agriculture can go so many ways, it's about the fresh blossoms and brightness.". While Rogue Red was inspired by the thought that "Textiles are layers, color, textures, everything. It's rich in every culture...". I like how planned out it was. This collection doesn't seem like it was haphazardly thrown together in a race to coincide with a movie release, it feels thought out.

Thanks for reading! To check out my previous swatch and reviews click here.
-xo Brittany

What do you think of Covergirl's Capital Collection? Which polish is your favorite? Let me know in the comments!

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow Me