50 Random Things About Me


Hello all! If you're currently in the North right now, I hope you are enjoying this gorgeous weather... -Insert sarcasm here.- Now, normally my midweek posts include monthly posts -Favorites, monthly manicure round ups, etc.- , or some cute little tag I stumbled upon in the blogosphere. But not today! Today I will be tackling a post I have had in my "to-do" list of blog post ideas for a long time. I've seen many Vloggers and Bloggers do this post, and while I do find them interesting, I was concerned that frankly I didn't know this much about myself! And I'm still concerned that this may be a bit of an undertaking. If this was "50 Random Things About the Hobbit" or "50 Random Things About Doctor Who" that would be another story! I may need 100.
But here I go! It's time for 50 Random Things About Me, in no particular order. I'm just going to write this as a stream of consciousness and see if I can make it past 5...

1. I was born on Christmas day, and get the obligatory "You're a Christmas baby!?!" or "You're birthday must suck! You get less presents!" entirely too often. Don't get me wrong though, I love the Christmas season, so it's a good fit.
2. I love science fiction TV, like Doctor Who, Torchwood, Being Human -Except the last season, that was terrible.-, etc. But I hate science fiction novels. I just can't get into them...
3. My favorite authors are Agatha Christie and Jane Austen. I've read and re-read their novels an embarrassing amount of times.
4. I own two, count them, TWO, sets of Harry Potter Novels. I own every movie on DVD, and I also own all the corresponding video games... I also had a Nimbus Two Thousand pen, and too big of a crush on Sirius Black...
5. -I'm at number five and I'm already stuck!- I love the Hobbit series, and the Lord of the Rings series. And have watched them far too many times...
6. I hate most romantic comedies, yet for some reason love 80's/90's romantic comedies, like You've Got Mail, Pretty Woman, and other cheesy crap like that. I don't know why!
7. I love John Hughes movies. My favorite being Pretty in Pink. Even though I think she should have picked ducky in the end...
8. I'm addicted to nail polish, obviously.
9. I'm also addicted to buying makeup that I will never use.
10. I've always wanted to learn another language, but am too lazy to learn...
11. I am a total cliche of a girl and want to visit France one day.
12. But I also want to visit Japan, even if the main reason is to go to a Kit Kat store. Yes, Japan has a Kit Kat store, and it is amazing!
13. I know how to say "Hi, how are you?" and "Fine, thanks." in sign language. -Man, this is getting desperate!-
14. I have 4 cats, 2 guinea pigs, fish, a rat, and a ferret. I am basically on the verge of having my own little zoo... You can learn more about them, and see cute pictures, in this post.
15. I own 142 nail polishes, and the collection is still growing. (See the whole list here.) But hey, it's better than collecting expensive shoes or handbags... This is what I tell myself as I leave Ulta with far too many polishes in my shopping bag...
16. I am redecorating my apartment, and am thinking about making some decor posts detailing my handy work. If that sounds interesting let me know!
17. I am obsessed with Hello Kitty, and my car accessories prove it, -I am currently looking for some Hello Kitty seat covers to go with my stuffed Hello Kitty in the back window.- as does my favorite watch.
18. My favorite nail polish in my entire collection -As of right now, anyway.- is my Zoya Tomoko. Which I have talked about far too many times at this point.
19. I am terrified of spiders, and even though I know they have a purpose environmentally, I wish they never existed!
20. -I made it to 20! 30 more to go...- I love watching Youtube, and while I watch a lot of channels, my favorite would have to be It's Grace.
21. I love nail art -Obviously!- , and it's at the point where a pattern on a Pier One gift card inspires a nail design... Yes, expect that design to happen very soon.
22. I love to organize way too much, and am looking forward to reorganizing my whole house during my redecorating. I am also going to reorganize my closet today after this post, and am a bit too excited for that too!
23. I am a licensed Cosmetologist, my favorite aspect of it is coloring and perming. Though I hate foils! I plan on making a "What to expect" post about going to Cosmetology school for anyone thinking of going, so look out for that down the road.
24. I love Instagram way too much. -My links on the right!- Shameless self promotion! It was bound to happen...
25. -Halfway there! This is becoming painful. I am running out of facts!- I always have lofty goals of becoming a total health machine, maybe start working out more than once a year, becoming a vegan, drinking kale smoothies, and all that. Then I eat some pizza and watch a Law & Order marathon...
26. I love the original Law & Order! Lenny Briscoe was the greatest character ever! And because of Law & Order I had a crush on Chris Noth long before Sex & the City. -Mr. Big? No way! Mike Logan for this girl!-
27. I like ketchup in my mashed potatoes. And I will eat cranberry sauce with almost anything. I just love it.
28. Speaking of ketchup, I love ketchup, tomato sauce, tomato soup, etc. But I hate tomatoes... I'm a riddle wrapped in an enigma! :p
29. I love the recent Batman video games. I own them on xbox 360 and play them when I can. Is it weird that Killer Croc freaked me out? He's just so creepy in that game! But The Joker is awesome.
30. I love coffee. I will drink it everyday, at any time of the day. And weirdly enough, I could still fall asleep at 8pm...
31. I love sleep. So much so it's the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning...
32. I am a 80 year old grandmother in a 25 year old's body. I love silent films -I own a collection of them.- and fall asleep far too early in the night. -I like my beauty sleep!-
33. I used to be allergic to strawberries. I may still be, but I hate them, so I never bother to find out. -This is not very interesting, but I'm desperate, and I still have 16 more facts to go!-
34. I watched Steel Magnolias yesterday... I was going to take that to the grave, but why not share it here!
35. I went to art school to study Graphic Design, but left after the first year. It just wasn't a good fit.
36. I wanted to be a Graphic Designer since I was 13, so after I left art school I fell into a slump for a bit. But then I decided to use my love of beauty to my advantage and go to Cosmetology school. And I am so glad I did!
37. I have too close a relationship with my phone. I use it for practically everything, and am sad to say I am one of those people who doesn't know what to do with myself if I don't have it. Sad but true.
38. I think Kindles are very cool, but I will always prefer an actual book. Something about the feel of it, and turning the pages... It is much better than pretending to do so on a screen.
39. I love collecting books, hence why I have two sets of Harry Potter novels!
40. -So close! 10 left!- I love orange soda, -No matter how bad it is for me.- and had the hugest crush on Kel from Kenan & Kel because he did too! -For you young people, Kenan & Kel was a TV show on Nickelodeon back in the day.-
41. I can't watch The Lion King. Not that it isn't a great Disney movie, it's just that I can't watch the father lion die! It makes me cry every time! -I can't watch Bambi for the same reason!-
42. I am not ashamed to admit that I love classic Disney movies. Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, etc. I will be 80 years old and never tire of them. -The newer ones? Not so much... Though Brave was cute.-
43. I get nauseous at the sight of blood. So needless to say that childhood dream I had at 7 of becoming a Veterinarian went right out the window!
44. I wish I could live in a cottage by the beach in Greece... I think I watched Mama Mia one too many times.
45. -5 left! I can see now why many bloggers had a tough time with this one!- I just got texting on my phone earlier this week. I am that far behind the times... You should see the look on people's faces when I would tell them I didn't have texting! You would have thought I was telling them I was a Time Lord with two hearts, or something...
46. My favorite Doctor from Doctor Who is David Tennant, of course! I did like Matt Smith after a while, but I'm not so sure about the new one coming soon...
47. Every time one of my favorite shows kills off one of my favorite characters I always swear I will never watch it again, yet I always end up watching it anyway, grumbling the whole time... Though I did stick to my guns when CSI got rid of the character Warrick Brown way back when.
48. I used to love Pokemon when I was younger, I would draw them constantly, and even had a toy pokedex I would carry around... I am guilty of still loving the Gameboy Games, and recently bought Pokemon Y because as I've said before, my nerdiness knows no bounds! Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon by the way...
49. Many moons ago, and maybe after watching a bit too much CSI, I wanted to be a crime scene investigator, but again, that pesky fear of blood cut that dream short...
50. -I did it! Yay!- I love owls very much. I own a few Pier One statues of them, and countless pieces of jewelry... After reading Harry Potter when I was younger, a big dream was getting a pet owl... That sadly never came to fruition. But how cool would it be to receive your mail by owl!?... Maybe that's just me...

Thank you for reading this rambling mess! I hope you found at least some of it interesting. I'm just shocked I could think of 50 things about myself. They're not all gems, but at least I did it...
xo Brittany

If you try your hand at this kind of post, leave me a link in the comments! I'm curious if anyone else had any trouble with it.


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. I really enjoy reading your list of unique things. You even encouraged me to write myy own. It will go live about 9:15am this morning. Your right it's pretty hard to come up with that many things. I feel so boring now but it was theraputic. I hadn't watched Steel Magnolia's since it first came out but it was on last month and I told myseft not to do it but did it anyway and balled like a baby. hee-hee. Well I hope you don't mind me following your lead. Here's my post if you'd like to take a peek: http://cottonpickincute.blogspot.com/2014/02/more-than-50-random-things-about-me.html

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who had trouble coming up with the 50 things. :p

      Delete

Follow Me